Elementalists are mages who specialize in manipulating and controlling the raw energies of the planes. Through fierce discipline and strict study, these mages dedicate themselves to commanding the harshest and most chaotic forces known to exist.
Elementalists are recognized by their emaciated bodies and physical frailty, as they commit every ounce of energy toward strengthening their mental abilities. Their planar powers are typically channeled through enchanted staves of lightweight wood or steel, and they wear only the flimsiest of cloth vestments for protection.
The will of an Elementalist is so powerful that it allows the mage to manifest the elements and bind them to physical form, ripping them from the planes and using them as allies in battle. Each elemental has its own strengths and weaknesses, making the Elementalist a flexible and potent force on the field of battle.
Their greatest strength is also their greatest weakness, for an Elementalist without their summoned minions is just a frail scholar with minor magic at their disposal.
It was in this age that pioneering mages of the High Elves began to study and exploit weaknesses in the elemental forces, harnessing and redirecting them against the invading forces. This dangerous art had dire consequences, since a loss of concentration by an Elementalist could end in immediate and painful death. Despite these risks, the Elementalists were effective at turning the tide of the war: Their art kept them far away from the battlefield, and their minions inflicted heavy losses on the planar hosts invading Telara.
Today this arcane art still flourishes across Telara and it remains as important as ever. Those mages who demonstrate an impressive force of will and an affinity for the natural order often make accomplished Elementalists. Those mages who do not share these talents and begin summoning the elements typically don't survive very long.
- "I mold and bind the most primal forces of existence into beings that serve my will. They will destroy my enemies, or form protective defenses around my allies. I am the undisputed master of the elements."
Spells & AbilitiesEdit
- Crystalline Missile - Launches a salso of stone projectiles at the enemy, causing Earth Damage.
- Lightning Strike - Calls down a bolt of lightning to strike the enemy, causing Air damage.
- Dismiss Pet - Dismiss your pet.
- Summon: Lesser Earth Elemental - Summons an Elemental from the Plane of Earth, and renders it powerless against the Mage's will. The maximum level of the summoned pet is 4. Only 1 pet may be active at a time.
Summon: Lesser Air Elemental - Summons an air elemental from the Plain of Air, taking it under your control, Starts at level 14 goes until level 30
- Stone Armor - Hardens the caster's skin with the strength of the Earth, increasing their armor value for 1 hour. Only 1 Armor may be active at a time.